Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Ode To A Snowblower

Ode to a Snowblower
                      by Ken Belanger (2/9/2016)

You started on the first pull, after the storm today
Much the same as you have done, every other snowy day
You dug right in and cleared a path, for all to use and see
My mighty Ariens snowblower, how fond I am of thee

We met about ten years ago, you were new and shiny clean
Bright orange paint that caught my eye, the prettiest thing I'd seen
Brand new tires, six forward gears and two more for reverse
A big bright light to use at night, on the snow that we dispurse

You could be treated better, but never do you complain
Gas and oil is all you ask, and then you run again,
Ice and rocks and bones and socks, even rope and gardening twine
Have found their way into your chute, but you handled them just fine

I admit that once or twice, there were shear pins to replace
No fault of yours, I blame you not, for my at times ambitious pace
But over all after all these years, you continue to come through
My mighty Ariens snowblower, oh how I cherish you

No comments:

Post a Comment