Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Little Training & Chunk Helps A Neighbor's Pup

Chunk & I had a good session this morning in our journey toward steadiness. We walked along one of our normal routes until we got to a small field. I removed his leash and cast him off. He took right off and started patterning left and right just as if the season never ended.

I let him get out a ways, gave a whistle to hup and he sat right down. I had him hold it for a minute before casting him off again. We repeated this a few more times and then I called him in and we continued our walk. He never messed up once. Naturally, I praised the heck out of him.

On our way back to the house we ran into a neighbor and her new five month old puppy. We let the dogs do the sniff get acquainted thing and let them play a bit. The other dog is a little Pappillon who has been having a hard time with walking on leash; The owner moves and the dog doesn't. We decided to try walking them together.

Chunk and I went ahead and they followed. The little dog took right off after us like she had been on a leash all along. We would stop to hup, then they did the same thing and then we'd repeat it. We did this all the way back to the house. Our neighbor was so proud of her little dog it was really nice to see. I was proud of her little dog too.

Enjoy Your Dogs,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment